Monday, September 17, 2007

This was the highlight of my day:

My first two classes today were rough. I sent A.K. to the office with his second referral in as many days. He has received four call-in letters already, and we haven't even gotten through the first month of school. One of my eighth grade classes is almost three days behind my gigantic sixth grade class, because the older students have such a difficult time following directions. They don't want to be bothered with actual "work." I really hope that I can do something for all of them, this year. Still, my preliminary chorus list is almost double the size of what it was at this time last year, and some of my classes are incredibly fun to teach. At the end of the day, one of the aforementioned sixth-graders handed me this note:

"Hey Ms. M,

I wanted to draw you a picture with a girl hugging a monkey, but since I didn't have enough time, I might do it tonight after my homework and mabey give it to you on Wednsday.

<3 E. S."

I can't wait to see how that picture is going to turn out, and you know that it's going on my wall.

1 comment:

Lauren (Ren) said...

pst...you should have a non-education blog on here as well as this site is pretty nice and I want constant updates on your life. I miss you. Wah!